Fire Safety for the Holidays
- Monday, 26 December 2016 08:00
- 27 Views
The National Fire Protection Association has released new facts about home holiday fires:
- December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
- One of every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average, one of every 31 reported home Christmas tree fires results in a death compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home fires.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes one in every four Christmas tree fires.
Help increase awareness about holiday fires
Read more here:: Government Contracting