2016 Blizzard Closes DC Area Federal Government, Impacts Govt Site Contractors
- Monday, 25 January 2016 15:37
- 23 Views
The historic snowstorm over the weekend in the Washington DC area resulted in the Federal Government closing early on January 22, 2016,with at least one full day closure on January 25, 2016. If you are a Federal Contractor with employees working at DC area Federal Government sites, what do these closings mean to you?
- What, if anything, is stated in the contractor’s individual contract clauses regarding government closings?
- Have you received directions form the Contracting Officer?
- How do the contractor’ leave and pay policies address this situation?
- Are the employees hourly or salaried?
- Are the employees covered by the Service Contract Act (SCA)?
Read more here:: Government Contracting