Divisions of Tax Payments for Divorcing Spouses

Share Button

Filing separate tax returns this year after years of filing jointly? If you or your former spouse paid estimated taxes during 2015, the tax is generally credited to the first Social Security number shown on the prior tax return, even if an estimated tax voucher with just the spouse’s Social Security number were included with the payment. This poses difficulty in the event the estimates were intended for the person appearing as the spouse on the prior joint return because, upon filing of separate returns, the IRS records will not show the spouse has having paid in any …read more

Read more here:: Tax


has written 183 post in this blog.

Share Button