#AskAronson: “How Do I Document Charitable Contributions?”

Share Button

Different types of charitable contributions require different types of documentation and reporting, depending on whether you contributed cash or property.

A cash contribution must be accompanied by either:

  • a receipt from the receiving organization at the point of donation;
  • an acknowledgement letter sent to you by a qualified organization;
  • or a canceled check.

The donation of property also requires confirmation of the donation (receipt or acknowledgement letter). However, based on the value of the donated property, there may be additional requirements:

  • If you donate less than $500 of non-cash items, a written fair value assessment from the recipient of the donated property should be obtained.
  • If you …read more

    Read more here:: Tax


    has written 197 post in this blog.

    Share Button